About Sierra Botanica & Collaborative Medicine
What does Collaborative Medicine mean?
Collaborative is a departure from a hierarchy, where the patient is at the center and gets to decide who is at the table, and everyone at the table is allowed to bring the full glory of their particular toolbox to the table ultimately for the patient to decide what is best for their particular situation. Not only is it effective, but it’s fun.
Collaborative is an invitation.
Since healing always happens in community, we invite patients to be in connection and harmonious communion with their inner Divine Healing God(s), their inner microbial community, their external social community, and take an active role at the head of the table with their professional team of clinicians.
We invite the patient to connect and collaborate as well as every other member of the team (Physicians, PCP’s, therapists, clergy, etc.) which may or may not be geographically located at our clinic.
Just like with any successful musical collaboration, listening is a key part of the process and different viewpoints, backgrounds, instruments, and styles often produce beautiful results when there is symbiotic connection and open honest collaboration.
Meet the SBCM Team
- Grace Cho, Acupuncturist
- Suzuko Hisata, FM Health Coach
- Mark Buhrke, Reflexologist and Sound Healing
- BB Tatum, Office Manager
- Tori Madison, Intern Scribe
Grace Cho L.Ac. is extensively trained in Contemporary Oriental Medicine (COM) & Contemporary Oriental Pulse Diagnosis (COPD), which are the refined diagnosis systems of the traditional pulse diagnosis taught by Dr. John H.F. Shen and Dr. Leon Hammer. This special pulse diagnosis system allows Grace to observe and diagnose the conditions of the organ systems of your body, mind and spirit, and thereby develop a customized treatment suited for your condition.
- Licensed Acupuncturist in the State of Georgia, USA.
- Registered National Board Certified in Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine, and Diplomate of Oriental Medicine of NCCAOM
- Graduated with Master of Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine, Bachelor of Health Science, 2020 – Dragon Rises College of Oriental Medicine, FL, USA.
- Graduated with Bachelor of Medical Science, 2007 – University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
Suzuko is a Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach who is here to support your journey for optimal health. She believes in the resilience, strength, and intelligence of our body’s natural ability to heal when it’s given an appropriately supportive environment.
For years, Suzuko struggled with mental and physical health issues caused by overuse antibiotics, traumas, mold exposure, gut dysbiosis, and chronic stress. Through her own healing process, she found the passion to help others overcome their health challenges and live a vibrant life.
She would be honored to be your guide and accountability partner so that you can live in your highest self. Everyone at the clinic will hold a safe place for you to explore the new opportunities and possibilities for your transformation.
Mark has been exploring various healing modalities, meditation, consciousness, and spiritual practices since the early 1980’s. Always a seeker, he has explored group and individual practices. His journey started while living in Chicago and has continued since moving to the Atlanta area in 2002.
He is a Certified Reflexologist, Energy Worker and Vibrational Sound Therapist. In 2020 he sold a successful business in the financial world to follow a deeper calling; helping others to remember who they are at a deeper level so they feel the love and light that radiates from their inner being, and bringing more balance and peace into the world.
He became certified with The American Reflexology Certification Board in January 2021 and completed a 15 month Sound Apprenticeship program March 2021.
BB graduated from Botanologos School of Herbal Medicine with Patricia Howell in 2019 and was an herbal apprentice with local herbalist Lorna Mauney-Brodek, who specializes in first aid, wound care and community medicine.
With her knowledge and passion, she has become an integral part of the clinic’s growth as well as a beloved, friendly face to many of our clients over the years. She plans to continue her herbalist studies next year.
BB is also a pottery and ceramic sculptor, and a mother to an incredible 4 yr old named Gweneviere.
Tori joins SBCM as an intern scribe and will be assisting Oscar during appointments on Saturdays. She has a strong background in Health Coaching. She is also co-author of the book 20 Beautiful Women: 20 Stories That Will Heal Your Heart, Ignite Your Passion, and Inspire Your Divine Purpose.
Environmental Health at the Clinic
- Special ordered non-outgassing wood for herb shelves and inside most cabinetry. Commercially treated wood, especially particleboard, outgasses for months to years.
- HEPA, or better, filters in every room.
- All natural non-outgassing cork and concrete flooring and rugs.
- No VOC paint.
- 4 inch HVAC filters.
- Only natural spray cleaners/disinfectants/soaps.
- Only natural EO based aromatherapy. No artificial air fresheners.
- Our Wifi router far from treatment rooms.
- All phones are Bluetooth/WiFi enabled only to limit EMF’s within our clinic.
- Only Reverse Osmosis water is used for drinking, or as a solvent for our preparations.
Global Environmental Considerations and Stewardship
- Strongly encourage and incentivize clients to return glass bottles for refills.
- Recycle plastic, glass, and paper according to local available resources.
- Encourage clients to buy water filters, alkalizing salts, & reusable glass/stainless steel water bottles instead of buying single use plastic water bottles.
- Encourage clients to eat and support local, organic farmers wherever possible.
- Encourage clients to eat a plant-based diet.
- Teach clients how to eat and forage for wild local sustainable edibles/medicinals.
- Support local/regional farmers and herb growers for our stock of herbs (and sometimes lunch!)
6667 Vernon Woods Dr. Ste. A-30 Sandy Springs, GA 30328
Tuesday & Thursday
9am to 5pm
Wednesday & Friday
9am to 5pm
9am to 12pm
9am to 4pm